Sunday, May 29, 2011

Time for a change!

Okay, so this is not a subject that I would usually blog about, but I hope you like it!

For a while, the colour scheme of my bedroom has been cream and pink, and although I like it, I am getting abit bored of it.
I was unsure what way I would re-decorate my room, but now I have settled on shabby chic. I think shabby chic is underrated, I think it is timeless and doesn't ever seem to go out of fashion.

If you don't know what shabby chic is, I have taken the liberty to look up a definition:

"Shabby chic is a form of interior design where furniture and furnishings are either chosen for their age and signs of wear and tear or new items are distressed to achieve the appearance of an antique. At the same time, a soft, minimalistic, and feminine feel is emphasized to differentiate it from regular vintage decor; hence the "chic" in the name."

Here are a few pictures that have inspired me and that I hope to base my bedroom on:






[6a00df3520a4fb883300e553ee413c8834-800wi.jpg]

[jobsondresser.gif]

[matthew_mead_summer.jpg]

There are many shops that sell shabby chic/vintage items and I have already collected a few furnishings/accessories!
I'm so excited to see if I have any interior design skills, and of course when I have transformed my room, I will be doing a blogpost!

Until next time...
Laura :)

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for following my blog. I really appreciate it ^_^ I love blogging since I started 3 months ago. Love sharing ideas, makeup, fashion and anything random. I will be following your blog too! Good luck with your bedroom ^^ can't wait to see it. Have a good day!
    Thanks <3 Browning

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for following my blog! I love your blog too! I have been thinking about decorating my room too in a shabby/chic style. looking forward to seeing how you decorate your room. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the vanities, very chic. i think it will look great!
    <3 mode.
    http://modestylist.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete